How To Gain A Certificate of Completion

We are a TEA-approved CPE provider.

Certificates of completion are typically used to gain credit towards license renewal or career advancement. The following explains how you can achieve your certificate of completion for a course.

Humble Teacher’s online courses can be used for professional development hours if your association, school, district, or employer accepts them.


What are Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Continuing Professional Education (CPE), or Professional Development Credits (PDCs)?

The terminology for continuing education varies from region to region and field to field. In the United States, and depending on the field of work, some professional associations describe them as Professional Development Credits, or Continuing Professional Education Clock Hours, or just Clock Hours, while some agencies refer them as Continuing Education Units, others call it Contact Hours, and some don’t have any specific name for it. Regardless of what your licensing agency calls them, each agency may have very different requirements to obtain credit than another agency.


How to get approval for CEUs:

We don’t provide the CEUs, CPE clock hours, PDCs, etc. This will be done through your licensing agency or employer.


Step 1: Check with your local licensing agency

Each agency, state, and territory has their own requirements, so please check with your local association, school district, state professional development office, or childcare licensing agency to find out if these trainings qualify. 


IMPORTANT: Some agencies may require that you get pre-approval before you take the course. We highly recommend consulting with your agency beforehand if you are counting on these professional development credits.

Step 2: Complete the Certificate of Completion quiz

All courses have a final quiz included requiring you to answer a few brief questions about the course content to document your attendance. Once the course and completion quiz are completed, you will be able to access a PDF certificate immediately.


The certificate will have the following information printed on it:

  • Your full name
  • The title of the workshop
  • The name of the instructor
  • The length of the session
  • Date issued
  • Contact information for Humble Teacher

Step 3: Submit the documents to your licensing agency for approval

Follow your local licensing agency’s procedure for submitting your certificate(s).